Seeking an Executive Director
for the Nicodemus Center for Ceramic Studies
The Ceramic Arts Center of Waynesboro and
Mont Alto Pottery Studio
April 2019 – Position Open Until Filled
Executive Director Position: NCCS is seeking candidates for its next Executive Director.
Responsibilities include ensuring adherence to the NCCS mission, vision, and values; implementing the strategic plan, fund raising, marketing and financial development; fiscal management, development, newsletter, and facilities oversight.
The Executive Directors will partner with the studio manager, guild volunteers and reports to the eight-member Board of Directors.
Background on the Nicodemus Center for Ceramic Studies (NCCS):
The center offers its current 32 guild membership a clean, creative and nurturing work environment with 24/7 access. Guild membership includes additional in-house training opportunities, access to clay, glazes and firings for a reasonable fee. NCCS offers pottery classes to the public, including Introductory to Wheel Throwing, and monthly 2 hour children and adult hand building classes.
A well-established pottery outreach program delivers pottery projects to residents in assisted living centers on a monthly basis, including two Franklin County Senior Activity Centers. It also offers in-house classes to scouts, home schoolers, Franklin Learning Center, and to cyber school students.
· Solid budget management skills, including preparation, analysis & reporting. Familiarity with Quick books on-line.
· Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development & task facilitation
· Ability to convey a vision of the Nicodemus Center for strategic planning to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
· Knowledge of fund raising strategies & donor relations of nonprofit sector.
· Strong marketing and social media experience
· Strong collaborative skills and experience
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
· Strong public speaking skills
This is a part-time position. Flexible schedule, the majority is working from your home.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter, resume:
Kulla, Barkdoll & Stewart, P.C.
Attn: Mr. Clint Barkdoll, Esq.
9 E. Main Street
Waynesboro, PA 17268
All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
For more information, please visit the website www.ceramics-nccs.org